Course duration: 3 - 3.5 hours (including practical sessions) | Maximum of 12 delegates
Each participant receives a certificate after successfully completing the course.
These courses comply with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and are delivered at your premises at a time to suit your operations, ensuring business continuity.
Courses include the following elements:
Theory Session (including DVDs and group discussions)
• Current fire safety legislation
• The chemical processes that result in fire
• Causes of fire
• How to contact the emergency services
• Fire development
• How fires spread
• Fire classification
• Different types of fire extinguisher
• Fire Blankets
• Backdraughts & how to open doors correctly
• Companies fire policy and procedures
• Personal Emergency Evacuation Procedures (PEEPS)
• Effective evacuation procedures
• Progressive Horizontal Evacuation
• Live fire extinguisher training
• Use of Water and Carbon Dioxide (CO2) extinguishers
• Demonstration of fire blanket if appropriate
• Horizontal Evacuation demonstration (Dry Powder, Foam and Wet Chemical extinguishers can be demonstrated if required, with prior notification.)
The Fire Safety in Residential Care Homes course has been designed to highlight the issues related to care homes and the type of people who reside there. Care homes, by their nature, have elderly people with varying degrees of mobility, who could be blind or deaf or may have conditions such as Dementia or Alzheimer's. These types of conditions present many difficulties for employees and can cause panic in the event of an evacuation.
This is where our course can help. We will highlight the standard procedures you should follow, and the specifics of your industry.
We also cover PEEPS and practically demonstrate the various methods of Progressive Horizontal Evacuation as part of the course.
Tel: 0333 577 5711